Data Center Site Selection Experts Serving Iowa, IA
Data Center Site Selection Specialists Serving Iowa, IA
Building a data center is a mission-critical endeavor. The business case behind developing such an asset starts with the data center site location. It is imperative to create the complex plan and requirements necessary to deploy your data center, but none is as important than where to locate your data center.
DCI will diligently work with you to fully assess a potential critical facility property for its advantages and disadvantages. There are many factors that will be important to your business model and DCI will go through the data center site selection process so you can advance your plan, goals, and long-term strategy with confidence.
DCI offers the following site selection services and we also deal following data center real estate contacts in Iowa:
- Colocation site selection services
- Data center location strategy
- Help finding data center space
- Evaluation for data center site selection
- Data center location services
- Data center colocation site selection
- Search for available data center space
- Finding the right data center space
- Analyzing colocation space
- Data center facility spaces
- Data center rental spaces
- Finding data center space
- Data centers for sale
- Data center for sale real estate
- Data center land for sale
- Data center lease agreements
- Data center rentals
- Data centers for lease
- Finding the best data center locations
- Selling used data centers
- Data strategies for real estate
- Dealing with data center brokers
- Dealing with data center real estate agents
What Our Customers Say
Have worked with the Managing Principals for more than 20 years on numerous data center projects. This experience included multiple aspects of data center construction including early project site selection, design, project budgeting, pre-construction, and construction services. For all these services DCi has performed with the utmost professionalism. They are an excellent trusted partner.
Data Center Architect
One aspect of the program where DCi has been especially helpful is validating construction costs early in the budgeting phase. They have extensive experience working with all construction trades and manufacturers to create and confirm project pricing.
Data Center Electrical Engineer
We engaged with DCi very early in the project and I was impressed with the level of rigor of evaluation of project design options to meet the Owner’s objectives while leveraging suppliers and all design partners strengths.
Data Center Engineer
Data Center Infrastructures has some motivational quotes to inspire you!
Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.
- Madam C.J. Walker
You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.
- Steve Jobs
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
- Walt Disney
Frequently Asked Data Center Deployment Questions:
Q: What is an Exchange Colocation?
- A: A multi-tenant, turnkey data centers where the ISPs interconnect which offer services down to the rack or partial rack / cabinet.
Q: What is a kWh?
- A: Electric power is sold in units called kilowatt hours, 1 kWh is the amount of energy delivered in one hour at a power level of 1000 watts. This abbreviation for “kilowatt hour” (kWh) is mostly used in writing rather than conversation.
Q: What is hosting?
- A: The service of running servers on behalf of another party, allowing those organizations to focus on managing their applications, instead of hardware and operating system administration. There are various levels of service and various kinds of hosting offered (e.g. dedicated, shared, virtual, etc.).
DCI proudly recommends the following industry organizations for more information about the data center industry:
AFCOM - Advancing IT and Data Center Infrastructure Professionals | DCA: Data Center Alliance. DCA Global |
The Green Grid | The Uptime Institute | Gartner | Data Center Knowledge | Data Center Frontier | Data Center Dynamics | International Data Center Authority | IDCA | U.S. Green Building Concil | TIA – Telecommunication Industy Association | TIA-942 Certification | TIA Online | BICSI Data Center Standards | BICSI | DataHawk: Analytics & Optimization for Amazon and Walmart | Infrastructure Masons – Uniting the Builders of the Digital Age | Project Management Institute
Data Center Infrastructures builds data centers in the following states in The United States of America:
Alabama, AL – Alaska, AK – Arizona, AZ – Arkansas, AR – California, CA – Colorado, CO – Connecticut, CT – Delaware, DE – Florida, FL – Georgia, GA – Hawaii, HI – Idaho, ID – Illinois, IL – Indiana, IN – Iowa, IA – Kansas, KS – Kentucky, KY – Louisiana, LA – Maine, ME – Maryland, MD – Massachusetts, MA – Michigan, MI – Minnesota, MN – Mississippi, MS – Missouri, MO – Montana, MT – Nebraska, NE – Nevada, NV – New Hampshire, NH – New Jersey, NJ – New Mexico, NM – New York, NY – North Carolina, NC – North Dakota, ND – Ohio, OH – Oklahoma, OK – Oregon, OR – Pennsylvania, PA – Rhode Island, RI – South Carolina, SC – South Dakota, SD – Tennessee, TN – Texas, TX – Utah, UT – Vermont, VT – Virginia, VA – Washington, WA – West Virginia, WV – Wisconsin, WI – Wyoming, WY
DCi Online Profiles:
Data Center Industry News
Early engagement on the Santa Clara Project helps PDC...
Facts about Iowa
- Capital: Des Moines
- Year Founded: 1846
- Major Cities: Major Cities
- Borders: Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Millions USD: $152,436
- Population: 2,926,324
- Land Area (Sq Miles): 56,290
- High Point (Feet): 1,670
- Other Facts: “Key Industries: Agriculture including corn, soybeans, hogs, oats, cattle, and dairy products, Heavy machinery, food processing, chemicals, banking, finance, and biotechnology; How Iowa got its name: The name comes from the Ioway, one of the Native American tribes that lived in the region. Iowa State Symbols: State Nickname: Hawkeye State; State Slogan: Life-Changing; Fields of Opportunity; State Motto: Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain; State flower: Wild Prairie Rose; State Bird: Eastern Goldfinch aka American Goldfinch; State Fish: Channel catfish; State Tree: Oak; State Mammal: NA; State Foods: Corn; Becoming a State: Date Admitted: Monday, December 28, 1846; Number Admitted: 29; Prior Name: Iowa Territory; Postal Abbreviation: IA; The Geography of Iowa: Total Size: 55,869 sq. miles (source: 2003 Census); Geographical Low Point: Mississippi River at 480 feet, located in the county/subdivision of Lee (source: U.S. Geological Survey); Geographical High Point: Hawkeye Point at 1,670 feet, located in the county/subdivision of Osceola (source: U.S. Geological Survey);Central Point: Located in Story County approx. 5 miles northeast of Ames (source: U.S. Geological Survey); Counties: 99 (source: National Association of Counties); Bodies of Water: Mississippi River, Missouri River, Des Moines River, Cedar River, Spirit Lake, West Okoboji Lake, Saylorville Lake, Lake Red Rock; Famous People: Johnny Carson – Talk show host; Buffalo Bill Cody – Cowboy, showman, and U.S. army scout; Herbert Hoover – The 31st President of the United States; Shawn Johnson – Olympic Gold Medal gymnast; Lolo Jones – Track and Field hurdler; Ashton Kutcher – Actor; Ann Landers – Advice columnist; Jerry Mathers – Played the Beaver on Leave it to Beaver; Glenn Miller – Songwriter and conductor; Kurt Warner – Professional football player; John Wayne – Actor; Elijah Wood – Actor; More Fun Facts: The Hawkeye State Nickname comes from the Iowan Native American, Chief Black Hawk.; Iowa played a key role in the Underground Railroad that rescued slaves from the South.; In 1907 Fred Maytag invented the clothes washing machine in Newton, Iowa.; Iowa produces 10% of the United States food supply.; The eastern and western borders of Iowa are entirely made of water. The Mississippi River forms the border to the east and the Missouri River to the west.; Burlington’s Snake Alley has been called the most crooked street in the world.; The largest Danish settlement in the US was in Elk Horn, Iowa. It is home to the Danish Immigrant Museum.; President Herbert Hoover was born in West Branch, Iowa. He was the first president born west of the Mississippi.; It is the only US state name that begins with two vowels.; Professional Sports Teams: There are no major Professional Sports Teams in Iowa.” Citation: Nelson, Ken. “United States Geography for Kids: Iowa .” Ducksters, Technological Solutions, Inc. (TSI), https://www.ducksters.com/geography/state.php?State=Iowa
- Page ID: DCIID_1000001
- Set ID: United_States_State
- Data Center Infrastructures: 1000001